Our MissionThe Berkshire Waldorf High School provides an education for adolescents that seeks truth, develops imagination, nurtures growth, fosters responsibility, and honors inner freedom in an atmosphere of academic excellence, artistic fulfillment, openness, and mutual respect.
“Small School. Big World.”
- The School’s faculty consists of both recently educated and seasoned professionals who inspire students.
- The School offers a full academic program of science, math, English, foreign language, art, athletics, and expanded elective choices.
- The School is appropriately recognized and admired in its community.
- The School is fully enrolled at 14 students per class and has a waiting list.
- The School is financially independent and sustainable.
- The School’s facilities fully meet the needs of students and teachers.
Our Core Values
We understand the quest for truth as the foundation of all scholarship, learning, and inquiry. This principle inspires a spirit of independent thought, open mindedness, and academic challenge in our school.
We see imagination as the conscious power that inspires creativity in the arts, discovery in science, and community in the affairs of men and women. Learning and teaching in our school are made alive through this human ability.
We acknowledge individual human growth and development as lifelong processes. Our school honors, nurtures, and addresses human growth in each student, teacher, and member of our community.
We recognize responsibility as the requisite characteristic of social relationships. By fostering an atmosphere of compassion and respect for others and for nature, our school strives to be a force for good will within its walls, and in the community, our nation, and the world.
We honor inner freedom as a human condition toward which we aspire; one which, in the process of attainment, grants increasing self-reliance, individuality, and vitality to life. Our school serves inner freedom by promoting clarity of thought, authenticity of feeling, and intentionality of will.