On Thursday, May 27, we held our 4th Annual Total Surprise Year-in-Review “Everything I Ever Needed to Know I Learned at Berkshire Waldorf High School” Quiz Show!
Some sample questions:
- Where does the Krebs Cycle take place?
- What is the formula for the quotient rule of derivatives?
- Who was the father of Polyphemous, the Cyclops?
- In the play, A Raisin in the Sun, by Lorraine Hansberry, what kind of business does Walter Young want to open with the insurance money that his mother receives?
- What is the title of Rachel Carson’s book on the environmental effects of DDT?
- What is the name for the overland trade routes in the ancient world between the middle east and east Asia?
- What useful device comes in at least two forms, NPN and PNP?
- What country did the U.S. invade four weeks after 9/11?
- What is the value of i to the 6th power?
- Aristotle believed that tragic plays were essential to a functioning society because they allowed for the purification and purgation of emotions, a concept known as…
And the answers:
- The mitochondrial matrix
- (F’G – FG’)/G^2
- A liquor store
- Silent Spring
- The Silk Road
- A transistor
- -1 (Negative one)
Your Quiz-Masters, from left: Sarah Blexrud, Geneve Brossard, Samantha Stier (Class of 2006), Elizabeth Orenstein (Class of 2010), Susan Bilodeau, Ursula Wirth, Stephen Sagarin, Julia Nunez. Each year Core Faculty chooses a different theme for dress, and this year’s was the Waldorf and human rainbow…
And the final scoreboard. (Teams are traditionally named for the 4 cardinal virtues…)