The Berkshire Waldorf High School is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, handicap, sex, age, religion, national origin, weight, height, or marital status in its employment practices.
1. Part-Time Business Manager Needed
Posted November 27, 2018
The task of the Business Manager is to oversee and/or carry out the business, finance and budgetary aspects of the BWHS in close collaboration with the Treasurer, Board of Trustees and Faculty Chair. This includes the management and execution of programs and procedures relating to finance, accounting and budgeting.
Description of duties
- Carry out a monthly audit of school accounts to ensure timely and accurate payments, billings and financial reports.
- Assist the Treasurer as appropriate in the development and implementation of financial systems and procedures including financial reports to the Board of Trustees.
- Assist with or carry out communications with parent community regarding financial, legal and business functions including student applications, contracts and tuition obligations.
- Arrange for collection of past-due balances.
- Oversee tax filings and audit process.
- Supervise budget creation and tracking.
Time Involvement: 5-8 hours per week depending on business cycle.
Pay: Up to $35 per hour, commensurate with experience.
Hiring: Hired by the Board of Trustees.
Supervision: The Business Manager reports directly to the Treasurer of the Board of Trustees.
Application Procedure: Please send inquiries and resumes to Business Manager Position, BWHS, P.O. Box 1706, Stockbridge, MA 01262 or email to subject line Business Manager Position at firstname.lastname@example.org
2. Life Science Teacher Needed
Posted January 8, 2018
Position: Part-time Secondary School life science teacher. Includes block-scheduled seminars in life science for grades 9-12.
Start date: September 2019 or sooner.
Qualifications: Masters’ degree preferred; bachelor’s required. Experience in a Waldorf high school a plus.
Job description: Available upon request.
Pay: This is a part-time position. Salary available to qualified applicants.
Application Procedure: Send letter of interest and resume or CV to Stephen Sagarin, Faculty Chair, at email@example.com.
School Safety Clearance: The successful candidate will be subject to a background check as a condition of employment.